The PTA raises money to support educational enrichment at our schools through various fundraising activities.
How are the funds raised by the PTA used?
During the 2017-18 school year, funds raised by the PTA were used to purchase and install five next water fountains/bottle filling stations (four at Kings Glen and one at Kings Park). In addition, PTA funds were used to install new projectors at Kings Park.
Funds raised by the PTA are used to support the teachers and staff in a variety of ways, which have included:
- Providing a back-to-school luncheon
- Classroom enrichment funds – $100 per full time teacher, prorated for part-time
- Coordinating Teacher Appreciation Week in May
- Teacher Grants – past grants include games for Strategies Lab; registration for a teacher to attend a Mathematics Conference; robotics equipment; and the Enhanced Autism Class garden (2015)
- Special Vote projects – past projects include Realizing the American Dream program, laptops at Kings Glen, Teacher’s College staff development at Kings Park, additions to classroom libraries, and the take home reading program.
Funds raised through the PTA also support enriching programs and activities for students, such as:
- Transportation for school field trips. In 2017-18, the PTA funded the buses for all of Kings Glen’s field trips.
- Student planners
- School assemblies
Select “Kings Park Kings Glen Elem PTA” as your charitable organization on Amazon Smile. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to KPKG PTA.