The Kings Park/Kings Glen PTA’s mission is to build a sense of community within our schools and provide enriching programs through productive partnerships with parents, teachers, staff, administrators and community organizations.
What does the PTA do?
- The PTA hosts a variety of events each year to build community and enrich student’s experience including Popsicles on the Playground for incoming kindergartners, Ice Cream Social, Fall Pumpkin Patch Night, Family Fitness Night, STEAM Night, and the Staff Volleyball Game.
- The PTA raises money to support educational enrichment at our schools through fundraisers such as Boosterthon, Baskets & Bingo, and Restaurant Spirit Nights. These funds are used to support:
- transportation for field trips,
- student planners,
- teacher grants,
- special assemblies
- new seating for the KP library,
- start-up costs for teachers,
- books for classroom and school libraries
- and more.
- The PTA coordinates many of the after school enrichment programs where students have the opportunity to learn: chess, explore science, develop computer coding skills, practice yoga, or train for a 5K.