The Kings Park/Kings Glen PTA’s mission is to build a sense of community within our schools and provide enriching programs through productive partnerships with parents, teachers, staff, administrators and community organizations.
The PTA hosts a variety of events each year to build community and enrich student’s experience. Past events have included:
- Popsicles on the Playground for incoming kindergarten families
- Ice Cream Social & Community Resource Fair
- National PTA Reflections art program
- Fall Festival
- Family Fitness Night Harvest Moon Dance
- Restaurant Spirit Nights & Spirit Wear
- Pastries with Parents
- STEAM Night
- Staff Volleyball Game
The PTA raises money to support educational enrichment at our schools through various activities. Past fundraisers have included
- Basket & BINGO
- Online Auction
- Selling Spirit Wear and holding Restaurant Spirit Nights
These funds are used to support the teachers and staff through:
- Providing a back-to-school luncheon
- Classroom enrichment funds – $100 per full time teacher, prorated for part-time
- Coordinating Teacher Appreciation Week in May
- Teacher Grants – past grants include games for Strategies Lab; registration for a teacher to attend a Mathematics Conference; robotics equipment; and the Enhanced Autism Class garden (2015)
Special Vote projects – past projects include Realizing the American Dream program, laptops at Kings Glen, Teacher’s College staff development at Kings Park, additions to classroom libraries, and the take home reading program.Funds raised through the PTA also support enriching programs and activities for students, such as
- Transportation for most school field trips
- Forgotten lunches
- Student planners for grades 3-6
- School assemblies
- Safety Patrol training and end of year party
The PTA coordinates many of the after school enrichment programs where students have the opportunity to learn: chess, explore science, develop computer coding skills, practice yoga, or train for a 5K.
We are also working to inform members about current educational policy. The PTA at the county, state and national levels advocates for education that enables every child achieve his or her full potential.
Budget, Bylaws & Forms
PTA Reimbursement Form: Fill out this PDF form. Then print it out, attach and clearly label all receipts, and leave it in the PTA mailbox or provide it to a PTA officer.