The Kings Park/Kings Glen PTA’s mission is to build a sense of community within our schools and provide enriching programs through productive partnerships with parents, teachers, staff, administrators and community organizations.
What does the PTA do?
- The PTA hosts a variety of events each year to build community and enrich student’s experience.
- The PTA raises money to support educational enrichment at our schools through various activities.
- The PTA coordinates many of the after school enrichment programs where students have the opportunity to learn: chess, explore science, develop computer coding skills, practice yoga, or train for a 5K.
How are the funds raised by the PTA used?
Funds raised by the PTA are used to support the teachers and staff in a variety of ways, which have included:
- Providing a back-to-school luncheon
- Classroom enrichment funds – $100 per full time teacher, prorated for part-time
- Coordinating Teacher Appreciation Week in May
- Teacher Grants – past grants include games for Strategies Lab; registration for a teacher to attend a Mathematics Conference; robotics equipment; and the Enhanced Autism Class garden (2015)
- Special Vote projects – past projects include Realizing the American Dream program, laptops at Kings Glen, Teacher’s College staff development at Kings Park, additions to classroom libraries, and the take home reading program.
Funds raised through the PTA also support enriching programs and activities for students, such as:
- Transportation for most school field trips
- Student planners for grades 3-6
- School assemblies
- Safety Patrol training and end of year party